Greetings

Just this morning, I saw a small window of blue sky in the otherwise dreary grey overcast, a promise of the bright sun-lit day to come. God is always giving us signs of His love and faithfulness to us.......if we are looking. That is what this blog is all about. Are we looking? And what did we see, hear, smell, or feel that our loving Creator put in our path? Why does He do that? Do we really want to connect that close with His affection for us? So many questions. Let's exhange some of them, and share our own sightings!

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Thinking about the future...

     It's difficult for a Christian to ignore the ominous signs all around us that we are at some kind of crossroads in our country, in the Church in America, and in the world.  I 'm sure you've felt it.  I believe it's the Holy Spirit, saying something like this,  "Heads up....look around....stay close to Me"
     It's Christmastime again....only now I'm in Arizona... and time to decorate, bake, rehearse for the Christmas musical (I really volunteered to do this?), and time to ponder, just as Mary did.
     I've always been so drawn to Mary and her quiet obedience and trust.  Everything around her concerning her pregnancy, her marriage to Joseph,and their untimely trip to Bethlehem must have caused her to spend a lot of time seeking and praying to Yaweh.  And of course, finding herself alone with Joseph, giving birth to the "Son of God"... in a stable no less, followed by a group of worshiping shepherds....would certainly cause her to ponder on these things.  Then top it off with a visit  by eastern magi bearing exhorbitant  gifts, a middle of the night escape from the mass murdering of small baby boys, and instructions to move to Egypt.  How would you feel?
    Here in Phoenix  my family is doing well and I'm enjoying being so near them.  We all spent a weekend together in San Diego at my daughter, Tanya's, house for an early Thanksgiving.  Here in Phoenix, Scott, my son, and Mary and Brendan and Kimmi and I all went out to an expensive steakhouse for Brendan's 15th birthday last week.....and he had two lobster tails!  You explain that!
     Last night the women of my church gathered for a beautiful Christmas Dinner, catered, with music and love all around.  Our Christmas musical will be Dec 16th during the two morning services and I'm trying to learn 8 songs by heart.  My Life group (small group) will have it's party at my house that evening, and my Bouquets Group will have theirs the following Saturday.  Then my whole family will be in Phoenix for the Christmas week.  Kelly, my daughter's 16 year old, is moving fast up the tennis rankings and will be playing a big tournament here that week.  So I am blessed!
     But even in the midst of blessing, or, for many ,small or great trials, there is a sinister uncertainty for Christians stalking us.  We have been spared that in America so far, but no more, I and so many others believe.  I kind of feel as though with the things going on around me now I am boarding the entry to a thrill and danger packed rollercoaster and I hate rollercoasters!  For a wonderfully informative article on this go to: http://www.charismamag.com/spirit/prophecy/15873-america-at-the-end.                                                 
     So, we need to heed  Jesus' words to us about watching for the signs of the times.  We need to pay attentions to Peter's warnings to be alert.  We need to prayerfully read the prophecies and Revelation asking the Holy Spirit's guidance into "all Truth".   We need to pray.....not just for what WE want to see happen, but pray for direction from the Spirit about what GOD WANTS TO HAPPEN.  It just might be judgement on the evil which would lead them to repentance, as David often did.  It just might be for strength and wisdom AND COURAGE  to live through God's judgement here in America.   I don't know.....but I want to be open and like Mary, I don't want to miss-judge the events going on all around me.  I want to be able to hear The Lord's nudgings as He directs me,  His bride, in, through, and around the uncertainties that seem to surround me.  I want to trust Him....I am His and He is mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment