Greetings

Just this morning, I saw a small window of blue sky in the otherwise dreary grey overcast, a promise of the bright sun-lit day to come. God is always giving us signs of His love and faithfulness to us.......if we are looking. That is what this blog is all about. Are we looking? And what did we see, hear, smell, or feel that our loving Creator put in our path? Why does He do that? Do we really want to connect that close with His affection for us? So many questions. Let's exhange some of them, and share our own sightings!

Monday, April 6, 2015

New Beginnings

        Yesterday was Easter and what a glorious Arizona day if was!. After church, I joined my son and his family in the car as we drove to a friend's for a scrumptious Easter dinner in their beautiful back patio.  But the highlight for me was my son's question in the car.  "Mom, do you want to hear Handel's Hallelujah Chorus?'  I said, "Sure!"  And his wife fiddled around with her Iphone and he punched in some things on the car's fancy dashboard, and then at almost full volume, the glorious strains of the classic masterpiece of praise for the Resurrection filled our journey.  My daughter-in-law's mother opened her window a few inches so that the music could be heard by all who were walking or bicycling nearby.  We were all singing as the last strains caused us to want to stand and wildly applaud.....which of course doesn't work real well in a car.
      I was transported to the heavenlies as I sang along and, as it finally ended, I asked my son if he remembered that I always played that on Easter morning when he was growing up. He said, "Not really."  However, I knew his spirit remembered, prompting him to play this incredible piece for us on this Easter day.
       How often we don't know how vital our efforts to build a foundation of spiritual truths into our family are. It may be years from now, but each stone we place is not forgotten by the Lord.  And regardless of the immediate response, I believe He sets them with the mortor of His Spirit into those for whom they were intended. Those stones are permanent and living with the Life of the Holy Spirit. I, like you, am still waiting for dear ones to hear the quiet voice of the Holy Spirit as He draws them into the Truth of the Gospel and the Life and the Way.  Easter is a wonderful time to remember the faithfulness of God.
       So, I am taking this season of New Beginnings to be more consistent in my postings.  The Holy Spirit has been nudging me, also.  For my followers, I apologize for the gap in postings.  No really great excuse, just busy-ness with three watercolor classes I teach, double knee replacement, and other priorities that cause me to be lax in staying up on all the new ways to involve myself in social media.  But if you'll give me a second chance, I promise to be consistent.  I believe our Jesus has some things to say through this humble writer.

No comments:

Post a Comment