Greetings

Just this morning, I saw a small window of blue sky in the otherwise dreary grey overcast, a promise of the bright sun-lit day to come. God is always giving us signs of His love and faithfulness to us.......if we are looking. That is what this blog is all about. Are we looking? And what did we see, hear, smell, or feel that our loving Creator put in our path? Why does He do that? Do we really want to connect that close with His affection for us? So many questions. Let's exhange some of them, and share our own sightings!

Friday, April 19, 2019

The Blessings of Good Friday made real to me

Good Friday....as I sit here late in the afternoon, I've been so aware of the meaning of Good Friday and wanting to do something to honor it (since my church has no service). I've been reading  The Divine Dance by Richard Rohr- a deeply intellectual description of what our relationship with The Father, Son, and Holy Spirit should be in order to fully take part in Their life in me.

So many things stood out to me and as I read  I had to stop and express, "Oh, Lord, that's what is happening in me", or "I saw/experienced this today!"

I had to get up early and  arrived just barely awake by nine at the downtown Senior Center for my watercolor class.  When I walked in, I first saw two new women sitting at the closest table.  As I passed by I invited them to come paint with us when I got it all set up.  The one nearest me,  I realized, was very large, and had a clearly masculine face, long hair, feminine dress, and a very deep man's voice when she responded, "Maybe...what're you going to paint?"  I said I'd show her a picture in a few minutes, but it would be easy and I would help her.

I realize now, that a rush of love washed over me, along with an acknowledgement of her identity choice, and  I can honestly say at that moment and even more so later in the morning, even though she decided not to paint, that LOVE won out, as apposed to judgement.

Revelation One.....that's the way that God's LOVE always is....automatic and without judgement.

Just before we started the painting, our director came over to give a ten minute lesson on the History of Good Friday. Barbara, my new friend, crossed her knees in a very masculine way, and frequently spoke up to add accurate details of the Passover, and it's relevance to Good Friday where Jesus' spilled blood was our sacrifice for freedom from our sins, just as God had the Israelites put the spilled blood of a lamb on their doorposts to protect them from the angel of death (the final plague announced by Moses before the Egyptians freed them).  Other student painters stepped up and added their own additions to the theological discussion of  Christ's crucifixion,  and were very open to the short, beautiful prayer of thanksgiving as our director thanked God for this LIFE-giving sacrifice from our Lord.  I had been to church!!

Revelation Two....God has wonderful gifts for us everywhere we go.  This one was sooo obvious though!

Now, as I continue reading The Divine Dance, I see so clearly that living in the midst of the Trinity and sharing Their LIFE fills me up with non-judgmental love, and allows me to spill it out on everyone without thought, and along with the  Good Friday Sermon, I'm filled  with wonder as The Father, Son and Spirit dance around, in and through me.


No comments:

Post a Comment