Greetings

Just this morning, I saw a small window of blue sky in the otherwise dreary grey overcast, a promise of the bright sun-lit day to come. God is always giving us signs of His love and faithfulness to us.......if we are looking. That is what this blog is all about. Are we looking? And what did we see, hear, smell, or feel that our loving Creator put in our path? Why does He do that? Do we really want to connect that close with His affection for us? So many questions. Let's exhange some of them, and share our own sightings!

Monday, October 7, 2019

Stressful times - what can we do?

As we look all around us we see chaos, plots, arguments, hatred, anger, riots, demonstrations....need I go on.  You can't really miss them.  However, occasionally, we see a display of compassion, real love, thoughtfulness, even self-sacrificing mercy to another.   It's like being jerked around on a rollercoaster, as it rises and then plummets, then rises, and plummets again jerking me over to one side, then another.  Will the seat belt hold, will the wheels stay on the track, will the somersaults in my stomach just please stop!

Recently, I read this September 19th entry from Jesus Calling by Sarah Young:
    "There is a mighty battle going on for control of your mind.  Heaven and earth intersect in your mind; the tugs of both spheres influence your thinking. I created you with the capacity to experience foretastes of heaven...heavenly realms....As you concentrate on Me, My Spirit fills your mind with Life and Peace.
"The world exerts a downward pull on your thoughts.....Stay in continual communication with Me whenever you walk thought the wastelands of this world....Refuse to worry...Stay alert.....Look forward to an eternity of strife-free living, reserved for you in heaven,"

                                               ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

          Ephesians 2:6  (NIV) And God raised us up with Christ and seated us with Him in the heavenly realms in Christ Jesus.

            Romans 8:6  New (NIV)  For to set your mind on the Spirit is Life and Peace.


           1 John 2: 15 - 17 (NIV)  15 Do not love the world or anything in the world. If anyone loves the world, love for the Father[a] is not in them. 16 For everything in the world—the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life—comes not from the Father but from the world. 17 The world and its desires pass away, but whoever does the will of God lives forever.

                                                 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

That is what I have been striving to do lately.

 In my quiet times, I find favorite scriptures and use them in my prayers.  Try Psalm 91. Your peace will be restored. I listen to Worship & Praise music and sing along, even dance to it. I imagine that I'm in the heavenlies with my Lord.

I've limited my TV news watching and turned on 90.3 FM for background noise.  Channel 8 (PBS) has a lot of wonderful, peaceful, things on it that are uplifting, educational, beautiful, interesting, and good watching....if you avoid the news and commentary.

When I teach my watercolor classes, I pray for the Holy Spirit to fill me and let His Light shine through me to each student, meeting their needs. A single student that is last to leave is often a field planted and growing, ready to be harvested. I talk to her and let the Holy Spirit lead the conversation.

As I finish up my daily prayers, I commit my way to the Lord, and ask him to direct my path. And I watch as opportunities and answers and small needs are filled throughout the day.

This is the way of peace, the cure for stress, the answer to all my questions.  God is faithful!

No comments:

Post a Comment