Greetings

Just this morning, I saw a small window of blue sky in the otherwise dreary grey overcast, a promise of the bright sun-lit day to come. God is always giving us signs of His love and faithfulness to us.......if we are looking. That is what this blog is all about. Are we looking? And what did we see, hear, smell, or feel that our loving Creator put in our path? Why does He do that? Do we really want to connect that close with His affection for us? So many questions. Let's exhange some of them, and share our own sightings!

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Phoenix update and knowing God's thoughts

From my journal yesterday......
"Well, Lord, thank You for getting my house sold and closed.  Signed the papers today....only one small glitch needs to be solved before it is final!"

I have a Husband who is faithful to take care of me!  I have no doubt He will make it possible for me to take care of the SBA loan and my other expenses here.  One of the possibilites is my ability to teach watercolor classes and I have some doors opening up here now.  Also, I plan to advertise my "Pet Portraits" in the many pet and grooming stores in the area.

I am still uncertain about the church God has for me to settle in.  One of the things He is reminding me comes from I Sam 16:7, where Samuel was trying to understand which of Jesse's sons was to become the announted king of Israel, to succeed Saul.  As Samuel was looking over the boys, the Lord said to him, "Do not consider his appeareance or his height, for I have rejected him. The Lord does not look at the things man looks at.  Man looks at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart".  Of course, the Lord chose David, the youngest and least likely to be the one.  I am praying to have that kind of discernment in this major decision.

It all boils down to  knowing God's thoughts, doesn't it?  A favorite worship song of mine, "Strings" by Misty Edwards in her "Relentless" album,  has the lyrics: 
         I want to play the strings of Your heart, God; Come play the strings of mine.
         I want to sing straight to Your heart, God; Sing straight to mine.

         Lord, You have my heart, I am searching for Yours.
         Lord, You have my thoughts, I am searching for Yours.

Back to my journal......
"I want to hear Your song, know Your heart., Lord.  I can't handle Your heart for the entire world...it's needs are so overwhelming to me.  But, Lord, I want to know Your song for me and my loved ones, for those to whom I can minister...let me know Your heart for them."

.

No comments:

Post a Comment