Greetings

Just this morning, I saw a small window of blue sky in the otherwise dreary grey overcast, a promise of the bright sun-lit day to come. God is always giving us signs of His love and faithfulness to us.......if we are looking. That is what this blog is all about. Are we looking? And what did we see, hear, smell, or feel that our loving Creator put in our path? Why does He do that? Do we really want to connect that close with His affection for us? So many questions. Let's exhange some of them, and share our own sightings!

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

A Dream

     In the dream, my husband and I had just been married.  However, repeatedly, we were surrounded by  events and matters that seemed to demand our individual attention. What we really wanted was to just be together to celebrate our love.  I awoke longing to just be with him. 
     It doesn't take a genius to figure this one out.  Ever since my husband died, I have occasionally had one version or another of this dream. I do not know the man in the dream.  But I like to believe that it is the Lord's way of calling me, of reminding me that He wants to spend more time with me. I love that. I love to know that my Heavenly Bridegroom longs to be with me.
     My life is on hold, it seems, right now.  I have all in place to teach watercolor classes and paint pet portraits. I'm praying for students to sign up and pets to paint.
     I have found my new church.  New Life Church has absorbed me into there midst.  I am waiting for the open door to minister back to them what my Beloved has given to me.
     I love peaches.  And that's why my family and I went peach picking last Saturday and are now gorging ourselves with all the treats that can be made with peaches.  Even my daughter in California seems closer when we talk on the phone.
     As the days of a brilliantly blooming desert give way to the more subtle colors of the desert and its consuming heat, I am rereading Dutch Sheets' book, Intercessory Prayer. I am so inspired to pray courageously and with the Holy Spirit's power for my family, my country, and the world.
     But my heart responds most strongly to this call from my Heavenly Husband. I love it that He longs for me, too. I love it that He wants all my attention for awhile.  I love it that He makes me feel like I'm the only one.  I asked Him how that could be.  He reminded me that He lives outside time and space...of which there is no limit.  When He draws me aside...just me...He can stay there for as long as I wish, without withholding Himself from anyone else. We spent all morning together this day...glorious!
     Sharing a few pictures:  The April desert in bloom.






1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the thought. So many of my friends right now are hearing the same thing. "I want more of you with me". The Lord is a jealous lover.

    ReplyDelete